To finish signing up, you must verify your Email Address using the link sent to it.
gcharang Komodo Team99 Dev Documentation Writer
Do you have questions for gcharang?
Log in to ask gcharang questions publicly or anonymously.
Most of you already know me from Discord. I am participating in the Elections to be a Notary Operator in the SH region this year for the first time and would appreciate your votes. Please send them to the address RTWgfK47pbhyHWcqEMQUyEK6dtf7VpBYYB . I promise to be the best Notary Node operator I can be and continue supporting our community in all the ways I can. Here are some of my contributions to Komodo in the past year:
- a directory of scripts(based on decker's omni installer) to install an explorer for a single smart chain gcharang/komodo-install-explorer
- a patch for the default insight explorer (decker's) that displays dPoW status and an ecosystem info banner gcharang/explorer-notarized
- a directory of scripts to create and manage a new Smart Chain using a single node gcharang/create-smartchain (it can also install an explorer)
- created two npm packages for accessing
komodod's RPC using browser and nodejs. gcharang/komodo-rpc-js , gcharang/node-komodo-rpc
- a bot that auto bans impersonators of people with roles in our Discord server; it also has some commands to ban mass joining bots
- a bridge between the newly launched Community Portal and our Discord server pipedream.com/@gcharang?tab=workflows
- a website to display notary testnet's stats: gcharang.github.io/notary-testnet-stats-2020 (Source repo: gcharang/notary-testnet-stats-2020)
- the script used to collect and save the notary testnet stats: gcharang/notary-stats
- a cross-platform GUI prototype for all use cases that need the Komodo daemon running in the background: gcharang/komodo-electron-gui-prototype (In early stages of dev)
To know who I am, my pledges and future plans, please visit the official proposal page at https://github.com/KomodoPlatform/NotaryNodes/blob/master/season4/candidates/gcharang/README.md
0) Make sure that no Komodo Wallet or daemon is active.
1) Locate your Data Directory. Depending on your OS, the location is as follows:
- Linux: ~/.komodo
- macOS/OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Komodo
- Windows: %APPDATA%/Komodo
2) Safely backup the "wallet.dat" file from the Data Directory. It contains all of your private keys. Losing it is the same as losing all your coins!
3) Delete the following directories and files from your Data Directory:
4) Download the bootstrap file. You can find it here: https://dexstats.info/bootstrap.php
5) Extract the bootstrap file and transfer the extracted contents to the Data Directory
6) Start the Wallet (Ocean-QT/Verus Desktop - Native mode) as usual and you are good to go. The wallet might need to download a small amount of blocks before you can send a transaction.