For the past 4 weeks, the Komodo Marketing Team has been running an A/B test on the Komodo homepage to see what type of messaging about AtomicDEX would generate the most clicks. We'd like to share the results from this previous test and get the community's input for the next test!
The Old A/B Test
Here is version A of the previous experiment:
Now, here's what version B looked like:
Notice the difference in the wording. The first version focused on AtomicDEX being the only truly p2p DEX in the industry, while the second version focused on the fact that AtomicDEX is non-custodial, providing users with a higher level of independence and security.
The experiment was testing which message which generate more clicks on the hero buttons (that is, the buttons that say "Learn More" and "Visit AtomicDEX io"). All other clicks were not taken into consideration for this experiment-- we were only testing for clicks on these two buttons.
So, what were the results? Well, after 27 days of testing and over 6,400 unique pageviews, the results were.... inconclusive. Both versions performed about the same.
Version A received 3,266 unique pageviews and produced a total of 200 conversions (meaning at least one click on at least one of the two buttons at the top of the homepage). This is a conversion rate of about 6%.
Version B received 3,113 unique pageviews and generated 193 conversions, also leading to a conversion rate of about 6%.
With an algorithm that uses Bayesian inference, Google Optimize estimates that Version A has a 48% chance of being stronger while Version B has a 52% chance of being stronger. It's pretty much a tie.
While the experiment didn't produce a clear winner, it's still helpful for us to know that messages surrounding decentralization and the p2p nature of AtomicDEX are just as well-received by website visitors as messages focusing on security, independence, and non-custodial nature of AtomicDEX.
The Komodo Marketing Team stopped this A/B test because we updated the homepage to promote the 2019 annual report and the 2020 technical roadmap.
The New A/B Test
Here's what the new homepage hero looks like now:
As you can see, the copy we're using now is:
Relentless Innovation in 2019. Ambitious Objectives for 2020.
Komodo is pleased to announce the release of the 2019 Annual Report and the 2020 Technical Roadmap. Learn more about Komodo's past progress and future plans.
We would like to run a new A/B test and we want your ideas on what the copy for the version B should be! Feel free to comment on this post with as many ideas and suggestions as you like.
- the copy should be short and sweet. Aim for no more than 60 characters for the headline and no more than 160 characters for the body text.
- the copy should focus on the annual report and the roadmap. Write something that you think will get people interested and get them to click on one of the buttons!
- the copy should be professional (e.g. no internet slang or abbreviations) and fit with the rest of Komodo's "brand voice."
Other than, we're open to your ideas! If we see something we like, we will put it to use. We can't promise we will use one of the suggestions made but that's the ideal outcome for us, so please submit as many ideas as you'd like.
A final note-- the traffic on the Komodo site is highly concentrated on the homepage. Check out this chart of the traffic on the Komodo site from July 16, 2019 to January 16, 2020.
This means that if we choose your copy, there will be thousands of people seeing it and you'll have the chance to have a huge impact on the number of clicks we generate.
All you need to do to participate is write your suggestions in the comments below! The Komodo Marketing Team is here to brainstorm with you so let the ideas flow.