Komodo is an open, composable Smart Chain platform that provides projects with the same benefits as a traditional smart contract platform while giving you complete control over your blockchain architecture. Sign-up to the Komodo Core services to receive security, scalability, and interoperability benefits.
Technology Features & Benefits
Komodo is the platform layer of the technology stack. Written in C, the Komodo Platform layer is the base upon which all other technologies and features are built.
- An Open Platform: Unlike other blockchain platforms, there is no vendor lock in on the Komodo Platform. Third-party projects are never forced to pay platform taxes or gas fees.
- Composable Solutions: Komodo offers customizable, purpose-built Smart Chains that support custom apps. All blockchain-based apps use only the resources they need and you can scale out on demand.
- Multi-Chain Architecture: Each project that builds with Komodo’s technology receives an independent blockchain with its own consensus rules, network, and coin. Transaction fees are paid in each chain’s native coin.
- Flexible Technology Tools: From security and scalability features to an integration layer with an open API and a series of white label products, Komodo offers everything needed to build the perfect blockchain solution.
Objectives & Roadmap 2020
- Code Hardening: Drive performance upgrades, security audits, fixing vulnerabilities, and patching bugs.
- Integrate New Features: Evaluate and add experimental Komodo technologies to unlock new use cases
- dPoW 2.0 Development: Drive performance upgrades, security audits, fixing vulnerabilities, and patching bugs.
Learn more from Komodo Roadmap 2020
Komodo Platform Services
Blockchain Security as a Service
A Second-Layer Consensus Mechanism that provies blockchains with Bitcoin-level security.
Komodo’s delayed Proof of Work (dPoW) security protects every integrated blockchain with the power of the Bitcoin network. A series of cross-chain notarizations make leveraging Bitcoin’s hash rate possible.
- Decentralized: Komodo’s globally-distributed network of 64 community-elected Notary Nodes perform the technical work required for dPoW to function. Each dPoW-protected chain's network approves notarizations.
- Battle-Tested: dPoW is currently securing over 30 production blockchains, protecting several hundred million dollars in value. dPoW has successfully defended against real 51% attack attempts.
- Accessible: dPoW security is available for all UTXO-based blockchains, whether or not they were created with Komodo’s technology. Annual fees are marginal compared to the level of security provided.
Smart Chain Clustering
On-demand linear scale-out solution for projects in need of high-level throughput.
- On-Demand Scaling: If one Smart Chain does not provide sufficient throughput, additional Smart Chains can be added and tethered to the first chain to boost performance.
- Constant Coin Supply: An innovative burn protocol holds coin emissions constant while increasing throughput linearly with each additional Smart Chain added to the cluster.
- Limitless Scalability: There’s no limit to the number of chains that can exist in a Smart Chain cluster. Every project on Komodo can scale out independently with no constraints.
Cross-chain communication service for an interconnected ecosystem
Similar to the delayed Proof of Work (dPoW) security mechanism, these cross-chain notarizations are performed using the OP_RETURN command, which allows a small string of data to be written into a blockchain’s ledger when a transaction is made.
All Smart Chains can send and receive information about transactions, blocks, and on-chain data, such as state changes, through an open API.
- Kadan Stadelmann – Chief Technology Officer
- James Lee – Core Developer, Founder
- Decker SU - Core Developer, Blockchain Architect
- Mihail Fedorov, Blockchain Engineer, dPoW Expert