Conference Report - Tokyo, Japan
5 Oct 2019
UNBLOCK Tokyo was a day-long blockchain conference in Tokyo kicking off the start of Japan Blockchain Week. There were great opportunities for speaking with some of the more interesting presenters.
Here are some of the general takeaways:
- Most projects building on Ethereum aren't happy with it as a platform
- One of the projects told me that although not happy they wouldn't be moving anytime soon for financial reasons
- Dapper Labs, of CryptoKitties fame, has had to create their own blockchain (FLOW) in an attempt to overcome ETH shortcomings
- There was a full presentation on one project's continuing quest to create a Decentralized Trustless Oracles (DTO)
- This presentation received a great deal of interest
- Komodo has had a DTO and another form of Oracle in production use for over a year (Komodo DTO)
- IBM mentioned their interest in a blockchain standards consortium
- We received an invitation from the organizer to participate in Indonesia Blockchain Week (INBLOCK)
- Spoke with a few non-Japanese exchanges on possibility of listing Komodo Ecosystem projects at a group rate
A very informative and productive conference with this just touching on some of the highlights.